Wuhan novel coronavirus
30 Jan 2020
Updated 20 February
The above guidance will assist schools and other educational settings in providing advice for pupils, students, staff and parents or carers regarding:
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- How to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- What to do if someone confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 has been in a school or other educational setting
- What advice to give to individuals who have travelled from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand within the last 14 days.
Coronavirus advice for educational settings poster
The poster (see download) accompanies the guidance and should be downloaded, printed and displayed in all education settings. It is aimed at parents, carers, students, headteachers, teaching and support team staff.
You can also download Public Health England's Catch it Bin it Kill it poster for relevant public spaces.
Encouraging good hygiene
As always, if you have symptoms of a cold or flu, then there are measures you can take to stop germs:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Travel advice: novel coronavirus (Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
Coronavirus - what you need to know (Public Health England blog)
Also, see COVD-19 links to resources download below.