ELP Master Vendor supply agency survey
28 Feb 2020
The ELP business sustainability for schools committee is working with the DfE on securing agency supply staff from September 2020 through a master vendor approach.
Please complete the short survey on the below link to help us to prepare information for the organisations who will be tendering to be the Master Vendor for Ealing:
The deadline for the survey responses is Friday 20 March, We are seeking as many responses as possible so please do complete the survey.
Benefits for schools
Ealing spends annually £10 million on supply costs and we are seeking ways of reducing this amount, whilst still securing high calibre staff that will meet school needs. Moving towards a new way of working will bring benefits to schools which will include:-
- Transparency of pricing - breakdown of daily charge rate to illustrate worker pay and supplier fee elements (most schools are unaware of teacher pay element of daily charge)
- Free Temp to Perm conversion after 12 weeks - no costly transfer fees
- Assurance of safeguarding - suppliers audited by Accreditation Bodies to Keeping Children Safe in Education standards
- One call in the morning if you need cover, not multiple calls to different agencies as the Master vendor has the details of who is available via all their agencies – reduced time / admin
- One invoice each week instead of several – reduced admin time and costs
- No contract to read and review for every placement
- Support from the DfE Crown Commercial Supply (CCS) Teachers team to provide advice and guidance.