Second window now open for schools and academies to claim for extra funding during the coronavirus
07 Dec 2020
The second window to claim exceptional costs is now open. Our guidance on claiming exceptional costs associated with coronavirus (COVID-19) provides instructions on how to claim exceptional costs related to coronavirus (COVID-19) that were not claimed during the first window which closed on 21 July 2020.
Claims for exceptional costs incurred between March and the end of the summer term can be made through the online form.
The deadline to submit a claim during the second claims window is 22 December 2020.
This will be the final opportunity to submit a claim. There will be no opportunity to request extensions to this claims window or to resubmit a claim after that date.
Claims can be submitted by:
- primary, secondary and maintained schools, academies and free schools
- 16 to 19 academies and maintained schools
- maintained special schools
- special academies and free schools
- non-maintained special schools
- pupil referral units
- alternative provision academies and free schools
- maintained hospital schools and academies
Alternatively, multi academy trusts can submit on behalf of their academies as a single submission. Local authorities are able to view the submissions made by their maintained schools.
You can still claim funding for:
- increased premises related costs
- support for free school meals (FSM) for eligible children who are not attending school
- additional cleaning costs
In addition, you can now claim for summer food spend. This is for food costs incurred over the summer holidays that are not covered by the coronavirus (COVID-19) Summer Food Fund.
You can find the published guidance on GOV.UK.