Don't forget to enter your school's closures into SIMS
Use the Y code to report enforced closure i.e. due to severe weather circumstances; this will neutralise the absences affect on your school's attendance rating.
- Log in to Sims.Net
- Focus> attendance> exceptional circumstances
- In the window, click on NEW
- Then choose the date (s), am and pm etc.
- Double click on the date from the drop down menu
- In group type choose who you want the code to apply to. eg. whole school year group, registration group, individual pupil etc.
- Search and apply
Please note, the Y code cannot be applied through the 'edit mark' function in attendance.
If you have any queries please contact:
Frank Jenkinson, school attendance team leader.