For guidance on security issues:
Team leader health, safety and security and fire prevention
Tel: 020 8825 7418
Mobile 07940 546 263
Effective risk management
Effective risk management of school property reduces vandalism, improves the security of schools and improves the learning and working environment for pupils and staff. It also delivers good value for money ensuring better targeting of resources and reducing the cost of avoidable losses.
The key factors of effective 'risk management' are:
- Identify and evaluate risk areas
- Promote a partnership commitment to risk management
- Improve control over access to schools
- Install physical measures to protect schools from crime
- Design crime out of schools
- Improve risk management education, training and awareness
- Develop effective information systems
- Co-ordinate support for local, community and cross cutting solutions
Practical security guidance during the school holidays
Historically the number of thefts, vandalism and arson attacks rises during the summer holiday period.
This security guidance checklist (pdf) aims to improve your school security. We ask you to address any areas of weakness prior to the summer closure.
Bomb threat checklist
Bomb threat checklist and further information is available on Bomb threats and security page on EGfL (see related content)