Insurance section is responsible for insuring the council's assets and the insurance arrangements for community and voluntary aided schools.

Information on property marking

Many schools have been given SmartWater property marking kits by the police and now need additional kits to mark their property. To continue using SmartWater an annual licence fee is applicable.

A similar alternative method, without the annual licence fee, would be SelectaDNA (pdf) which also has police and Loss Prevention Council approval.

For further details email Steve Dunham:

Useful documents

Document marked with an asterisk (*) require an EGfL login. If you do not have an EGfL user account, please use the registration form on this site.

Certificate of insurance 2020-2021 (pdf)
Employers' liability certificate.

Civil procedure rules (word)
A series of procedures for public and employer liability claims that adhere to the Woolf Reforms that came into effect on 26 April 1999.

Fidelity guarantee policy 2020-21 (pdf) *login required
This document provides useful guidance on conditions of control all schools ought to be practicing. Non compliance where processes are not in place to mitigate losses, may result in a claim not being met in full.

FAQ (pdf) *login required
Frequently asked questions and answers, including information on travel insurance for school trips and also the requirement for hirers of school premises to have public liability insurance.

Insurance policy documentation 2019/20 (pdf) *login required
A summary of the cover provided under the insurance policies and what to do when a claim arises. (Voluntary aided schools should read this information in conjunction with the cover provided by the diocese).

Insurance: Offsite activities insurance policy 2019/20 (pdf) - *login required
Insurance cover provided for school trips and offsite activities.
Visit for useful information on planning trips and much more.

Insurance for lettings 2018 (pdf)
Details of the public liability insurance for hirers of premises owned or occupied by Ealing community and voluntary-aided schools.

Inventory recording (pdf)
It is an audit requirement that schools maintain up to date inventories and that the insurance section be notified of any changes.

Medical procedures cover (pdf) *login required
Comparison and summary of cover August 2018.

Motor claim form (word)
This form should be completed when reporting any incident involving a vehicle that is insured through the council's insurance section.

Report form (word)
This form should be completed to report all incidents (accidental or deliberate) including break-ins, criminal damage, vandalism, graffiti, theft and fire damage.

Contact us

Mary Guruparan, insurance officer:
Tel: 020 8825 8378

Insurance section: Perceval House, 5th Floor, SE, London W5 2HL
General enquiries: 020 8825 8816/8378
General email:

Was this page useful? 
Last updated: 15 Apr 2021