Designated officer or senior officer
Level 1 Critical incident
A critical incident, which may include a fatality (but not to a member of the school community) an where the incident is not the responsibility of LA/ school e.g. incident related to another school group at the same centre
- Notify principal educational psychologist
- Contact with school
- Possible visit
Designated officer or senior officer - depending upon the nature of the incident it will be decided what action is required
Level 2 Critical incident
A critical incident, which may include fatality or serious injury to one or more member of the school community or where the actions of a member or members of the school community have caused a serious incident and/ or fatality.
- If appropriate meet with the educational psychologist, SIP, senior officers and communications officer and consider action.
- Insurance, financial premises implications
- Education continuity
- Contact school
- Visits and support to school community
- Media and press statement