Supporting pupils at school with medical conditions policy
13 Sep 2021
The local authority’s policy on supporting pupils with medical conditions (see download) has been updated, largely around the asthma friendly schools work.
The items added (in green) are:
- Review period of 3 years minimum unless any regulatory changes.
- Asthma friendly school (AFS) added to glossary.
- Medical leaders also called Champions in line with AFS terminology.
- Example medical conditions register added (Appendix 4).
- All school staff training in asthma and anaphylaxis to be refreshed annually.
- EGfL link to training levels added to document.
- EGfL link to job descriptions guidance added to document.
- Made it clear that all incidents relating to the policy will be investigated, not just serious ones. Also, near misses also to be reported and investigated.
- Added that the school nurse supported by the school should carry out an annual audit of the school to ensure that the policy is being followed.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Raj Chowdhury directly. Our Trade Union colleagues have also been sent a copy of the revised document.