Information on apprenticeships January 2022
Work Ealing apprenticeship zone
Check Work Ealing’s apprenticeship zone where you can find information and steps to hiring an apprentice. Read more about
- Benefits of hiring an apprentice
- Steps of hiring an apprentice
- Apprenticeship standards
- Training providers
- Advertising your apprenticeship.
Get help with hiring an apprentice
Telephone: 020 8825 6234
- Find apprenticeship training for your apprentice (GOV.UK)
- Apprenticeship standards (Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education)
Approved apprenticeship training providers (RoATP)
Brief outline of how to claim from the Apprenticeship Levy
- School selects apprenticeship standard and training provider
- School advertises for an apprentice (your training provider will help you with this), or an existing member of staff will start an apprenticeship
- School completes Apprenticeship Levy claim form
- School sends completed claim form together with a copy of signed Training Contract/Apprenticeship Agreement (between the training provider and the school) to Schools HR Business Support.
- For apprenticeships which are level 5 and above, school completes a business case, in addition to above.
- Schools HR Business Support check certain details and confirm eligibility and pass to Head of Schools HR to approve.
- Once approved, the apprenticeship is loaded onto Ealing Council’s Digital Account (DAS), which triggers payment to training provider for the training costs associated with the apprenticeship
Last updated: 04 Feb 2022