HR policies and procedures
Here are Ealing Council's HR policies, procedures, statutory guidance, forms and schemes listed in alphabetical order:
Core HR policies schools should adopt or adapt
- Allegations of abuse against teachers and other staff (word) Model procedure on dealing with allegations. See also staff allegations.
- Code of conduct for schools (pdf) school staff, volunteers and governors.
- Disciplinary procedure (pdf) A model for governing boards.
- Grievance procedure (word) A model procedure for governing boards.
- Grievance proforma (word) to collect information for a grievance.
- Medical capability procedure (word) A model procedure for governing bodies.
- Pay policy options September 2017
- Teacher appraisal and capability options
Other HR advice, guidance and forms
Absence - guidance on the management of absence (pdf)
For sickness absence, lateness, statutory leave, leave of absence, special leave and annual leave for all school based staff.
Fit note guidance (pdf) and Fit note sample (pdf)
Adoption provisions for school support staff (word)
Extract from the local terms and conditions.
Comprehensive equality and diversity policy (pdf)
Ealing Council's policy, vision and purpose to ensure we deliver equality and diversity to you as staff, and to our residents, customers and partners.
Employment matters insurance scheme 2017-18 (pdf)
Schools legal advice on employment matters. A minimum number of 40 schools will be required to join the scheme for it to be considered viable. Insurance claim form and Insurance guidance for schools.
Equality Analysis Assessment (EAA) - links to equality analysis assessment page
Foundation stage additional entitlement provision (pdf)
Advice to headteachers of primary and nursery schools about both the flexibilities available to them as employers and any limitations in organising staffing for the additional entitlement for three and four year olds.
ICT - appropriate use of ICT in schools (word)
Advise for using any form of ICT, in or out of school.
Managing unsatisfactory performance (word)
For support staff only, if school's capability policy is for teachers only and does not include support staff.
- Maternity insurance scheme (word) January 2017
- Maternity/parenting leave scheme for teachers (word) May 2015
- Maternity/parenting policy for school support staff (word) March 2015
- Maternity/parenting provisions for school support staff (word) Extract from the local terms and conditions.
Mental health illness guidance (pdf)
Guidance on managing mental health illness in school.
PPA - model policy (word)
Details on the policy that ensures 10 percent of teachers' time should be timetabled for planning, preparation and assessment.
Probation policy and procedure for school support staff (word)
A model procedure for governing bodies.
Recruitment and selection guidelines - links to recruitment guideline and forms
Redundancies - guidance on managing redundancies in schools (word) September 2016
Teachers' terms and conditions (word)
Teacher's terms and conditions in nursery, primary, secondary, day special schools and other teaching services maintained by the council.
Whistleblowing - model policy (word) April 2016
These policies are supplemented by Ealing's local agreement on terms and conditions and their implementation (pdf). Summary of local agreement on terms and conditions (pdf).