ELP support for race equality
The 2023-24 academic year is the second year of the ELP race equality in education programme and details of the support available to schools can be found below.
- Access to high quality training programme for senior leaders and all staff within schools Ealing CPD Online
- New governor training programme now available
- Governance self-review tool for race equity and diversity
- Black Caribbean Achievement Self-Evaluation Audit tools for whole school review
- Leadership seminars and race and diversity leads network.
Engaging parents and communities
- Bespoke support for individual schools to establish Black Parent Forums in schools. Place still available for cohort 2 starting in January 2024 – for more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guidance for schools on communicating their race equality journey to parents
- Parent Representative Forum established with key community leaders to ensure that the views and experiences of parents/carers inform the race equality programme.
Curriculum, progress and inclusion
- Race equality in the curriculum training courses available – primary focus and also secondary subject-specific courses. Details can be found on CPD Online
- Race equality priorities integrated into ELP networks, e.g. SENCO, Curriculum leads, Post 16 Network, Deputy Heads network etc
- Therapeutic Thinking programme open to new schools, including additional outreach support
- With Insight Education mentoring programmes to support Black heritage students to progress to top universities With Insight Education.
Developing cultures and behaviour
- Training to improve the racial literacy of all school staff as a foundation for achieving systemic change within the school.
- All schools are strongly advised to participate in the Challenging Disproportionality and Developing Cultural Competence Facilitator training - two members of school staff will be trained and supported to facilitate the course with the whole school staff, using video resources developed within Ealing.
- New training courses have been added this year and places can be booked via CPD Online:
- Reviewing school policies through an anti-racist lens
- Developing your anti-racist policy
- Dealing effectively with racist incidences
- Adultification of Black children
- Staff new to Ealing schools can access an online version of the Challenging Disproportionality training – the aim is to ensure that ALL staff in Ealing schools are racially literate and fully equipped to ne anti-racist educators in our schools.
Inclusive recruitment and retention
- Diversity in leadership programme open to teachers from Black, Asian and minoritised ethnicity communities who would like to pursue roles in senior leadership. It is a year-long programme including assessment, leadership coaching, training, mock recruitment experience, work shadowing
- ‘Talking Heads’ promotional videos representative of leadership roles, phases and ethnicities have been produced to promote Ealing as a great place to work and also to encourage existing staff to stay within Ealing to develop their career.
Last updated: 05 Dec 2023