Health improvement in schools
Health improvement service 2019/20
Talking about health conference: approaching difficult conversations for confidence (12 January 2019)
Conference presentations (pdfs):
- Transforming our schools for trans inclusion (Diversity Role Models)
- Embedding transgender inclusion practices (Diversity Role Models)
- DRM primary school resources and support
- DRM high school resources and support
- The importance of talking openly about FGM (Hoda Ali)
- A whole school approach to ending FGM
- How to raise the issue of children's weight and survive (Karan Thomas).
Select the image to view the health improvement service brochure:
The health improvement team
Who are we?
We are a trusted and qualified team of experts, providing support and training in safeguarding prevention, mental health and emotional wellbeing, nutrition and exercise, relationships and sex education (RSE), and PSHE to help improve your pupils’ health and achievement.
We create, develop and co-ordinate a wide range of programmes and trainings that you can adopt and implement to help you improve the health and wellbeing of your pupils.
What do we do?
All Ealing schools get a free health in school visit. Most schools also buy back the Awards and Training package, 4 Day Bespoke Package or one of our specialist packages. Schools that buy back any of our packages get our conferences, networks (PSHE & mental health), newsletters and HSL award support for free.
- Healthy Schools Awards and Training package: Includes six practical workshops to help you achieve the HSL awards, access to the Ealing Healthy Schools partnership, a celebration event, plus a choice from over 30 training workshops
- 4 day bespoke package: Provides four days of comprehensive bespoke work, pre- and post-surveys to measure impact, an impact report and continuous phone and email support
- Specialist packages: RSE, Mental health, Reducing obesity, Keeping children safe: Includes pre- and post-surveys to measure impact, pupil assembly, parent workshop, staff INSET, policy review, central trainings in the health area, and up to four targeted activities in the health area
Visit the health improvement service page for all details and costs.
Choose from the following
Contact the health improvement team
Healthy pupils capital fund
Healthy schools London awards
HIT resources and support
Stepping up to health newsletter
HIT training resources
PSHE scheme of work - Primary
Health related data