Health improvement in schools
The Ealing health improvement team are a qualified team of experts, providing support, programmes, resources and training to help improve your pupils’ health and achievement in the following areas:
- Nutrition and exercise
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Safeguarding prevention
- Relationships, Sex and Health and Education (RSHE) and
- PSHE .
About the team: Who we are and what we do!
Our team members can support schools with the following activities:
- Karen Gibson: Safeguarding prevention
- Nicole McGregor: Nutrition and exercise, obesity prevention, Eco schools and the Healthy Schools London awards
- Faye Jones: PSHE, RSHE, FGM and the PSHE scheme of work
- Liz Ainsworth: Mental health
Support for schools
We offer schools the following support:
- Healthy Schools London award support for schools wanting to become a healthy school
- Health data including the National Child Measurement programme and the biannual Health Related Behaviour Survey
- A healthy schools points scheme where schools can earn prizes and rewards
- Gain knowledge and confidence through our training programme (choose from 20+ training)
- A range of resources and toolkits to help PSHE leads teach about health and wellbeing and PSHE, including the PSHE scheme of work.
- Find out what we offer and design a PSHE action plan by signing up for your annual Health in School visit with resource pack
- Find out what’s been happening in Ealing related to Healthy Schools by signing up to our monthly eNews and read our termly newsletter
- Gain Sugar Smart school status by achieving the Sugar Smart Schools award.
- Network, learn and get inspired by attending one or more of our networks on PSHE, Mental Health and Eco Schools (sign up via Ealing CPD online)
- For more support, buy back packages one or more of our six packages (see below for more details and watch the video)
Support we offer schools
Buy back packages
All Ealing schools have access to our six buy back packages:
- 4 day bespoke package: Provides 4 days of practical support in any health area, surveys to measure impact and an impact report.
- Healthy Schools Awards & Training package: Includes access to all 20+ training workshops, 2 drop-in days, 4 workshops to help you achieve your HSL awards and a celebration event.
- Nutrition & Exercise package: Includes central trainings on nutrition and exercise and 14 hours of bespoke nutrition and exercise activities.
- Relationships, Sex & Health Education (RSHE) package: Includes central trainings on Relationships, Sex & Health Education (RSHE) and 14 hours of bespoke RSHE activities.
- PSHE package: Includes central trainings on PSHE, 14 hours of bespoke PSHE activities and 3 PSHE networks.
- Mental health package: Includes central trainings on mental health and 14 hours of bespoke mental health activities.
About our buy back packages
Health improvement team’s buy back video: Find out about our six packages available to Ealing schools in 6 short minutes.
Select the image to view the health improvement service brochure:
Where to find our resources on EGfL
The health improvement team
For more information about the health improvement team and what we do please visit our health improvement service page .
Choose from the following
- Nicole McGregor, Health improvement: email@example.com 8825 5484