Leadership development takes a range of formats in Ealing including accredited programmes, local leadership networks and CPD opportunities, internal school leadership development programmes, local school-to-school and collaborative programmes and individual personal reading and research.
Full details on Ealing CPD programmes are available on www.egfl.org.uk/development on the following:
- New, acting and interim headteacher programme
- A range of leadership networks for middle and senior managers
- Leadership conferences for headteachers (primary and special schools) and for deputy headteachers (primary and special schools)
- Accredited NASENCO programmes.
Booking via Ealing CPD online at www.ealingcpd.org.uk
NPQML and NPQSL
New qualifications for leaders at different levels are available for 2018-19:
- National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML): for those who are, or are aspiring to become a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders (NPQSL): for those who are, or are aspiring to become a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities
Two clusters are providing the programmes in Ealing:
UCL cluster Ealing: Ealing Council, Ealing Teaching School Alliance (ETSA) and the Ealing Primary Teaching School Alliance (EPTSA)
UCL cluster Montpelier Primary School: West London Teaching Alliance
Participants apply directly to UCL naming Ealing or Montpelier Primary School cluster as their local provider.
The programmes begin in the autumn term and participants have up to 18 months to complete the qualification. They include a combination of face to face sessions and on-line learning and the completion of a school based improvement project. www.egfl.org.uk/NPQML