National professional qualifications (NPQs)
The NPQ frameworks sets out the things that participants should know and be able to do after completing an NPQ. They reflect the Teachers’ standards and Headteachers’ standards to ensure coherency with the requirements already used by the teaching profession.
Teach West London, are working in partnership with UCL to deliver the following NPQ programmes for Ealing schools:
New from September 2022
- Leading early years (NPQEYL) - designed for early years leaders qualified to at least Level 3 with full and relevant qualifications working in a wide range of early years (EY) settings including private, voluntary or independent (PVI) with leadership responsibilities
- Leading literacy (NPQLL) - designed to develop participants’ expertise in leading literacy by developing a deep understanding of evidence-based practice in language reading and writing.
These three courses replace the NPQML
- Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
- Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
- Leading Behaviour & Culture (NPQLBC)
Read about the specialist NPQ courses, the costs, the blended-learning approach and the learning hours. View the specialist NPQ flyer.
New from September 2022
Early headship coaching - this bespoke programme consists of tailored resources, coaching and peer networking opportunities to support ongoing professional development and wellbeing. The additional support offer is designed for those in their first five years of headship.
Read about the senior leadership NPQ, the costs, the blended-learning approach and the learning hours. View the senior leadership flyer.
Read about the headship NPQ, the costs, the blended-learning approach and the learning hours. View the headship flyer.
Here is for information on the Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
Specific course information on all of the NPQs being offered by Teach West London and UCL can be found on the UCL website.
How to apply
You should register through the DfE portal and nominate your lead provider as UCL from the National Provider list. UCL will forward your details to Teach West London.
Dates for cohort three (autumn 2022) will be made available here soon.
If you have any questions about the NPQs, please email Teach West London.
Teach West London is seeking expressions of interest from anyone who would like to deliver on any of the range of NPQs available to teachers. For more information see, NPQ facilitator information on Google drive at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FqhyBavpzl--QPFCc70XBLvfGZQ7nFju?usp=sharing
Anyone interested in becoming a facilitator should complete the expression of interest document on located in Google drive at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FqhyBavpzl--QPFCc70XBLvfGZQ7nFju?usp=sharing and send it to Teach West London by email.
- Teach West London: email@example.com 3301 3180