Newly qualified teachers (NQT) induction
We are delighted to welcome you to Ealing and to your first teaching post. Congratulations on your appointment and the start of your career in teaching.
Induction at a glance
- All qualified teachers who are employed in a relevant school in England must, by law, have to complete an induction period satisfactorily
- Statutory induction is the bridge between initial teacher training and a career in teaching
- The induction year offers systematic professional and personal support to all newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
Key people involved in NQT induction
- In schools this would be your headteacher / principal, governor, induction tutor / mentor and whole staff
- In Ealing LA the named contact at the appropriate body is Mirela Temo (NQT and EMA adviser)
The appropriate body (AB) has the main quality assurance role within the induction process. The AB responds to requests from schools and colleges for guidance, support and assistance with NQTs’ induction programmes and provides training for induction tutors.
Registration and assessment deadlines
Deadline for registering NQTs
- Cohort commencing in January 2020: 5 February 2020
- Cohort commencing in April 2020: 5 May 2020.
Deadlines for submitting assessment reports
- Spring term: 24 March 2020
- Summer term: 14 July 2020.
For more information please see NQT induction and assessment dates 2019/20
Please note, any delay to register NQTs on time, may delay the start date of their induction.
Professional development opportunities
NQT mentors and NQT induction coordinators events at the Ealing Education Centre (EEC):
- NQT Mentors’ Twilight / Network, 27 February 2020 at 3.30 - 5pm
- NQT Induction – Briefing for NQT Mentors, 2 July 2020 at 9am - 12:30
Book these events via Ealing CPD online www.ealingcpd.org.uk
- Ealing NQT training programme and events 2019/20 (pdf)
- Primary NQT programme for professional growth (pdf)
- EPTSA growth and enrichment programme for Spring 2020 (pdf)
Key documentations - Available to download via NQT Manager
Mirela Temo - NQT and Ethnic Minority Achievement Adviser
NQT induction statutory requirements and procedures, advice, assessments, quality assurance, concerns
Tel: 0208 825 7986 or Mobile: 07957 637 118
Ealing induction team - Technical support with NQT manager and administration (e.g. registration, amending records, guidance on using NQT Manager, other general queries)
Tel: 020 8825 5763 or email: EalingNQTInduction@ealing.gov.uk
Other useful contacts
NQT manager technical support: 08454 686 810
Teaching Regulation Agency
Teaching Regulation Agency website - for general enquiries regarding QTS, information on national registration and certificates.
Tel: 020 7593 5392
Teacher self-service portal