Healthy schools Ealing points scheme
We want schools to get the most out of having a health improvement service. This year we are excited to announce that we will trial a scheme to reward you and your school’s participation in our service. If your school is already actively involved in our service, you will be in with a chance of being a high scoring school. If your school is not actively involved or if you have been thinking of doing more with the health improvement team then now is a good time and it might even make you a prize winner.
How does the points scheme work?
- When you do any of the activities listed below, the health improvement team will add the corresponding number of points to your school.
- We will regularly announce the highest scoring schools in our termly newsletter and monthly eNews.
- In June 2020, we will reveal the three highest scoring schools. These schools will receive their prize in July.
How do I earn points?
Schools will be rewarded with between 1 and 5 points by doing a range of healthy schools initiatives. Here is how schools can earn the following number of points:
- Open our monthly eNews
- Complete any health improvement survey
- Participate in the 2019 HRBS.
- Attend your school’s health in school visit. Bonus 2 points if headteacher attends this meeting.
- Attend the PSHE or mental health network.
- Attend any of our training workshops.
- Attend a learning walk.
- Write an article for our stepping up tto health newsletter.
- Attend our annual health improvement conference or FGM conference.
- Host one of our networks or training workshops in your school.
- Achieve a Health schools London award.
- Present at our annual health improvement conference.
- Present at our healthy schools awards and training (HAT) celebration event.
- Become a sugar smart school.
- Not attending a training that you registered for (cancelling on Ealing CPD online 4 days before the training incurs no penalty).
What can I win?
The highest scoring schools will receive a framed certificate of achievement. In addition, your schools will receive the following prize:
- 1st place: HAT membership for 2020/21 or £500 for your PSHE budget
- 2nd place: £250 for your PSHE budget
- 3rd place: £100 for your PSHE budget.
For more information about the Healthy schools Ealing points scheme, email Nicole on McGregorN@ealing.gov.uk.