Clerks to the governing board
Information pack for clerk to governors (word) * login required
Information on membership, administration and training.
* An EGfL user account is required to view these documents, please email EGfL webteam (link opens outlook email), if you do not have a user account.
- Change of membership form* (word)
- Clerking action sheet* (word)
- Governing board meeting feedback form* (word)
- Meeting attendance monitoring form* (word)
Register of interest
As of 1 September 2015, maintained school governing boards will be required to publish the register of interests form on their websites (Statutory guidance, The constitution of governing boards of maintained schools, March 2015). This is wider than just pecuniary interests.
Below are the National Governors Association (NGA) templates for you to use and adapt.
- Declaration of interests form (word) Individual governors to complete and review annually, clerk to be informed if cicumstances change.
- Register of interests form (word) should be completed by the clerk as a central record for the purposes of financial reporting. This template can then be used/adapted for publishing on the school website.
- Governor qualification and disqualification criteria (links to governor qualification and disqualification criteria page)
- Governors monitoring form - to return to SWGD (word)
Guidance notes for agendas and minutes
School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013 (legislation.gov)
Regulation 15 of the Roles, Procedures and Allowance Regulations provides that the governing board must make available for inspection, to any interested person, a copy of the agenda, signed minutes and reports or papers considered at the meeting as soon as is reasonably practical.
The governing board is obliged to make this information available upon request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (legislation.gov) unless any other of the specific exemptions in that Act apply:
Therefore, the governing board will only be able to withhold information that constitutes personal data or confidential information, in each case, within the meaning of the Freedom of Information Act.