RE professional development, advice, networks and resources
Advice and support
If schools need advice with Religious Education (Statutory requirements, Agreed Syllabus, Collective Worship, etc) or have any queries, please email email@example.com highlighting ‘RE query’ in their communication.
RE leads network meetings 2023/24
Primary School RE Leads
- Autumn term: Thursday 5 October 2023 at 3-5pm Booking link
- Spring term: Wednesday 24 January 2024 at 3-5pm Booking link
- Summer term: Thursday 13 June 2024 at 3-5pm Booking link
(Other relevant CPD sessions will be planned as needed and advertised on Ealing CPD online
Secondary School RE Leads
- Autumn term: Tuesday 7 November 2023 at 4.30-6pm Booking link
- Spring term: Tuesday 5 March 2024 at 4.30-6pm Booking link
- Summer term: Wednesday 19 June 2024 (Subject best practice conference) at 4.30-6pm Booking link
Other professional development opportunities
NATRE offer a range of courses and webinars to suit primary and secondary schools/ teachers.
- Enhance your teaching: Religious education courses & events
- Strictly RE 2024 – RE teacher virtual conference
- Empower Your Teaching: Join our New2RE monthly webinars offered to ECTs and new RE teachers/leads.
Useful RE resources and links
Religious Education Council (REC)
The REC National Content Standard 2023 provides clarification and a benchmark for excellence in religion and worldviews/religious education (RE) in England.
Religious Education Council Lesson Activities and Ideas – REC provides a range of ideas an activities for teaching and learning.
Religious Education Council Practice Code for Teachers of RE
Ofsted Research Review on Religious Education published in 2021 Research review series: religious education - GOV.UK
RE Online – Written articles to help teachers deepen their subject knowledge.
RE Today – A range of services to support excellence in RE, from resources and research to consultancy. (Some services involve a fee.)
NATRE – Website for the National Association of Teachers of RE.
Understanding Humanism – Contains information and teaching resources to support learning about Humanism.
BBC Bitesize KS1 – Short clips on a range of religions and topics for KS1.
BBC Bitesize KS2 – Short clips on a range of religions and topics for KS2.
BBC Bitesize – KS3 – Short clips on a range of religions and topics for KS3.
'Bullying and Belief Toolkit' https://www.natre.org.uk/about-natre/projects/anti-bullying/
- Ealing Learning Partnership (ELP), Business support: firstname.lastname@example.org 8825 7803