Transition to high schools
This section aims to support students’ transition from primary Y6 to high school Y7 with a range of resources for schools including curriculum resources and advice on supporting vulnerable pupils.
Year 6 to year 7 transition guide
This year 6 to year 7 transition guide has been co-produced with primary and secondary SENCos, Ealing parent carer forum and Ealing Council.
- Getting ready for year 7 curriculum activities
- Returning to school resource planning questions
- Year 6 to 7 transition resources and suggested activities
- Year 6 Transition overview for Vulnerable/SEND (xls) To be completed by the primary school and emailed to the secondary SENCO by 22 May
- Teacher assessment for children with an EHCP (xls) Primary transition lead/class teacher to organise general Year 6 to Year 7 transition discussion during the week beginning 1 June
- Transition, recovery and learning in the aftermath of a pandemic. (pdf) A resource for secondary schools
- Leaving key stage 2 passport for success. (pdf) A guide written by Central Bedfordshire council about the life experiences and skills that will
help young people to develop into the exceptional adults.
Important dates for your calendar
Common induction day for primary-high transition will not be taking place this year.
Early transfer form
The early transfer form is populated using the year six (Y6) pupil details from the spring school census (for children in Ealing primary schools) and other agency information where available.