Transition to high schools
This section aims to support students’ transition from primary Y6 to high school Y7 with a range of resources for schools including curriculum resources and advice on supporting vulnerable pupils.
Year 6 to year 7 transition guide
This year 6 to year 7 transition guide has been co-produced with primary and secondary SENCos, Ealing parent carer forum and Ealing Council.
- Getting ready for year 7 curriculum activities
- Returning to school resource planning questions
- Year 6 to 7 transition resources and suggested activities
- Transition, recovery and learning in the aftermath of a pandemic. (pdf) A resource for secondary schools
- Leaving key stage 2 passport for success. (pdf) A guide written by Central Bedfordshire council about the life experiences and skills that will
help young people to develop into the exceptional adults.
Important dates for your calendar
Common induction day for primary-high transition
For 2021: Friday 2 July 2021
For 2022: to be confirmed in the summer.
Early transfer form
The early transfer form is populated using the year six (Y6) pupil details from the spring school census (for children in Ealing primary schools) and other agency information where available.