Supportive action for families in Ealing (SAFE) is an area-based, multi-disciplinary short term team offering a range of preventative and early interventions to ensure better outcomes for children
Would you like to know more about our service?
Do you have families within your school that would benefit from support? Are they happy to work with us?
We can offer coffee mornings/information sessions to schools. Please contact one of the SAFE teams (East or West) below for more information.
SAFE currently has two family support / early intervention teams
- SAFE east supporting families living in Acton, Ealing and Hanwell, duty line: 020 8825 7606
Contact Diane Saunders email@example.com
- SAFE west supporting families living in Greenford, Perivale, Southall and Northolt, duty line: 020 8825 9800
Contact Emma Handley firstname.lastname@example.org
The SAFE team comprises of social workers, family practitioners, family safety workers, education psychologist, youth workers, parenting, a substance misuse worker and counsellors; offering a range of preventative and early help interventions to ensure better long-term outcomes for families.
Direct work with families includes:
- individual work with children to address social and emotional issues
- family work to improve relationships between family members
- linking families with agencies to enable better access to support
- work with parents on developing parenting skills.
Support for families
SAFE offer support to families whose children are between 0-18 with a wide range of family situations. The SAFE service will work in partnership with children, young people, and their families, as well as other any other relevant agencies, to help them identify the most appropriate support for their families. We offer a child-led approach whilst also focusing on the holistic needs of the family.
As part of the offer of support, SAFE will arrange a Team Around the Family (TAF) meeting with the family and our partner agencies such as education and health to establish the most appropriate plan of support. Together with the team around the family we would create a plan of short term, achievable goals with the view these will have positive outcomes for the family.
Making a referral
All referrals for SAFE intervention must come through the central point of access which is Ealing Children’s Integrated Response Service (ECIRS).
- A referral for SAFE help and support can be made by using the ECIRS referral form
- Email for referrals: ECIRS@ealing.gov.uk
- ECIRS referral line: 0208 825 8000
- ECIRS consultation line forprofessionals: 020 8825 5236 Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm
More information on our SAFE service is available on Ealing Families Directory: Supportive Action for Families in Ealing (SAFE)
If you have any concerns about the service you are receiving from SAFE please contact:
Angie Dennison - SAFE strategic lead