ECIRS consultation line
A new consultation number for professionals provided by Ealing Children’s Integrated Response Service (ECIRS) and Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
ECIRS consultation number
Telephone: 020 8825 5236
Open: Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm
No matter how experienced you are as a professional, there may be times when you want to discuss a worry about a child. You may be unsure about what action to take and need some support and guidance to make the most appropriate decision.
If you are a teacher or other professional and are worried about a child and would like to discuss your concerns, you can contact the ECIRS Consultation Line to obtain help or advice.
What to do before contacting the consultation line
- If the child has an allocated social worker, you should contact them directly.
- Do consider whether you have the appropriate resources within your own organisation to help and assist the child before contacting the consultation line.
When you call us we will
- Offer quick and easy access to children’s social care advice
- Provide advice regarding Ealing children’s services thresholds of need
- Provide advice about universal, targeted and early help services within Ealing
- Provide the opportunity for professionals to discuss concerns, to help determine the appropriate response, without giving a name or making a referral.
If ECIRS considers that your worry about a child is a safeguarding concern, you will be informed to make a direct referral to ECIRS on 020 8825 8000 (option 1)
What happens during the call
- There will be consultation offered by a qualified and experienced social worker based in ECIRS/MASH who will offer advice and support
- There will be a record of the nature of the discussion for monitoring and trend purposes
- The Consultation Line is not to be used to discuss or make a referral ECIRS/MASH. It is not a ‘short cut’ to a referral into ECIRS/MASH.