Virtual school for children looked after and care leavers
Ealing's virtual school team improves the life chances of Ealing's children looked after (CLA) and care leavers by promoting and supporting them throughout their education.
Services are provided to people who work with young people in care such as school staff, social workers and other professionals. Read the Ealing virtual school SEN handbook for social workers.
information for CLAs is available on the Young Ealing website
The team provides:
- Support to young people in care to raise educational achievement and help to ensure that young people maximise their potential
- Educational support to young people in care without a school place until the young person is admitted to school
- Education programmes during most school holidays
- Afterschool study support to young people one day a week and at other times by appointment
- Specific education programmes each half term as well as a weekly peer mentoring project
- Ongoing advice and support to schools, social workers and carers on educational issues related to children in care
- Training events and conferences are held throughout the year.
Ealing's virtual school team
Andrew Martin, Headteacher Ealing virtual school looked after children
Tel: 020 8825 6648
Amreet Bains, CLA virtual school project officer
Alisha Benning, BIS & CLA virtual school project officer
Nicola Clarke, Virtual school new duties CWSW & CLA project officer
Nicola Turner, Data analyst (Virtual School)
Ealing virtual school transition
These documents are for teachers and children in Year 6/7 who are (or were previously) looked after. It provides information and resources to support the transition to high school and includes: